Ultimit Waryurs Women vs. Devil Dogs from the Dirty South
Our first game was against the defending champs, the Devil Dogs (made up of the Devils + Alabang...and with at least three Team Pilipinas players! Anobuuuuzzz). And since they're the defending champs, sila ang napili ng camera crew na i-video. Again, anobuuuzzz. And if that weren't enough, nag-coach pa sa kanila si Derek! ANOBUUUUUZZZZ?!! (Wala kaming coach coz the boys were playing three fields away.:( ) Jacq, ngayon ka pa talaga umabsent di ba? Hehe. Nung magkatabi kami sa sideline (dalawa kaming sumisigaw sa endzone. Hahaha), gusto ko siya sabihan nang "Seryoso ka ba? Nakikita mo naman kung sino kalaban niyo di ba?"
And then napansin ko nung nawala 'yung camera crew, nawala din si Derek. Ang showbiz talaga ng Papa D mo! Pang-showtime talaga. Hahaha.
Final score: 13-1. Quota! Haha. The point was courtesy of Cel...and no, you are not exempted from next week's games. Hehe.
Ultimit Waryurs Women vs. JKK United
We thought we had a fighting chance against this team, made up of Jogadores, Kayumanggi, and K3 ata--based on the Day 1 scores, they were massacred din eh. And when we saw their go-to drills nung day 1 (magpractice ba naman sa harap natin, blocking our view of the boys' game!), parang kaya talaga.
I must say, our short game was really good. Palagi lang nagkakaproblema pagdating sa endzone. Dondi says it's coz sanay tayo sa Urda length, na 3/4 lang nung ACC field. So kung Urda 'yon, ang dami na nating points! Hehe.
Our main problems lang were:
- The wind. We have to get used to low passes. Ang daming sayang na hinangin na pass.
- Their hucks. We didn't expect them to have good long passes. So naka-ilang points sila from that.
Final score: 8-4.
Must give props to....
- The girls' defense! Maganda ang D natin! Ang dami nating blocks (si Jane nakarami), especially sa second game! Lahat ata tayo may block, including first-time tournament player Ayeen! Meron pa ngang unintentional block si Kring. Naglalakad lang naka-block na. Pati Alabang natawa! Haha.
- I'm so proud of our girls coz they really hustled, especially sa second game. Nag-dive ang mga hindi naman nagda-dive dati (hi, Mina and Ena!), at gumaganda na ang cuts (hi, Apple!). You guys were hungrier for the disc this time around. Ahluvet.
- The handlers are more confident now! We just have to work on our throws pag mahangin, at pag nala-line trap.
Part 2 by Crocodile Dundi
- First game versus Pretty Boy and the Gang (PBG) which started with only six players so the UW Mens squad believed they had a chance...until PBG scored the first goal easily.
- The boys were able to remain competitive at the beginning keeping the score close. Two more PBG players arrived and we were reduced to the "quota" game. Quota na tayo! Yehey!
- We have to bring our A game to be able to beat the faster, more cohesive unit of PBG. Yesterday, we..uhm..didn't.
- The Ultimate Warriors are in the running for the Pool B Championship...if PBG moves up to Pool A.
- No worries though about the loss as PBG is certainly the toughest team in the pool. Just showed that the UW Mens still have a lot of room for improvement. And there's no place to move but up. The sky's the langit!
- Second game versus TODA 2 was a little less intense. There was no pressure and the other team was also very spirited.
- We knew we had the upper hand versus this team and we wanted to end the game as quick as possible so that we could cheer on our girls team. However, the wind was starting to pick up and it made it harder to complete offensive opportunities.
- Greg was designated to check and help the girlz. (Nakatulong ba sya? Samin kasi, hindi e. haha. joke. Peace Greg! )
- UW Mens was able to run away with the win but we did not reach the point cap so we were not able to catch the Women's game.
- Third game versus Kayumanggi and the wind was really blowing mightily at this point.
- Kayumanggi's strategy was obvious from the beginning..huck huck huck.
- UW Mens Team was not able to defend the first few long hucks of Kayumanggi as the two teams traded the first few points.
- The team showed patience in bringing down the disc, using the short game as it battled through the field against the strong wind. We also showed we could go for the long hucks as the handlers took advantage when the wind was in our favor..
- After a tight start, the Warriors scored consecutive points to blow the game wide open and prompted the other team to ask for "mercy" and stop the game a few minutes before time cap. (Kayumanggi only had 7 players so they also had a hard time without subs and some of them suffered from cramps already)
- UW Mens rushed to the other end of the fields to cheer on the last play for the UW Womens team versus JKK.
- Baduy pag sabay ang Mens at Womens game. Booooo! The boys were torn. We wanted to win our games but at the same time we wanted to cheer and support our girls. We want to be water boys and umbrella boys. Yung mga boys sa sideline, malayo ang tingin. Yung game ng girls ang pinapanood. Sana next week hindi na sabay ang games ng boys at girls.
- We are at the mercy of the elements. Ang lakas ng hangin. Ang hirap pumasa. Hindi puede mataas masyado at hindi rin puede ang mahina. Dapat low, bullet passes. Dapat ma-practice maglaro na may hangin. Greg: "Dapat maghanap na tayo ng field na may hanging" Enteng: "Dapat matuto na tayo i-control ang hangin!" Hindi pa yan nakainom masyado. hehe.
- Matigas ang ulo ng mga tao. Scenario 1: "Guys, wag masyado mataas ang mga pasa ha. Mahangin masyado." Tapos three consecutive passes ata na mataas tapos hahabulin ng receiver tapos mataas din ang pasa sa next receiver. Pero in fairness, umabot naman sa goal. Scenario 2: "Swing sa gitna." And you know what happens next. The infamous Urda Gilid play. In fairness ulit, naka-goal naman. Scenario 3: "Cut back!" sabay long ang mga loko! Scenario 4: "Don't clog!" Tatlong itlog sabay sabay nagcut sa gitna. Scenario 5: "Roy, wag mo itaas kamay mo ng ganun. Baka ma-misinterpret kasi na opposing team." Kasalukuyan na lang naming hinihintay na mapaaway kami. It's inevitable. hehe.
- Rookies rock the show! Props to Chris and Jim for coming up big in their first PUA game.
Go girls! Go boys! Go ULTIMIT WARYURS!