Monday, April 28, 2008
Alabang Country Club
Reymund, Lawrence, Czar, Ian, Garry, Greg, Mike, Dino, Roy, Jomen, Cel, Alvin, Shane, Gladys, Jane, Ubai, Lei, Doc, Nana, Ivy, Tisha
Game 1: Ultimate Warriors vs. Molokai
Molokai, an experienced team, proved to be our toughest competitor to date. The game was pretty close all throughout, and rather heated at some points.
- The first few stats of the day were all courtesy of our super MC2 players: First point was made by Hound No. 1 Czar, courtesy of MVP contender Lawrence (need proof? By the end of it, he had like 5 points, 3 assists, and 1 block!).
- Molokai then scored their first point. Possession kept changing due to the strong winds; it was during this rally that Ian/Enteng Kabisote/Bosing/ Hound No. 2 made a beautiful block at the endzone on a Molokai huck. The Warriors went on to score point no. 2 on an assist by Roy (see, all MC2 so far!) and a goal by Ivy! Woohoo!
- On the succeeding rally, Ian had another block...Dino then made a pass to Ubai at the endzone, making it 3-1.
- Molokai made it 3-2, but we soon scored on an assist by Jaguar Paw/MVP contender Reymund (1 point, 6 or 7 assists, 3 blocks) and goal by Doc ("You're beautiful... "), 4-2.
- Molokai then cut the lead down to one once again, before Nana scored a point on an assist by Lawrence, 5-3.
- After 10 million years (it was a really long point, and Gladys was again on the field. Haha), Garry made it 6-3 on an assist from Reymund.
- Molokai then rallied to make it 6-6! Eep! But we were soon ahead by one again after Lawrence added a point to his stats on an upwind pass from Reymund.
- After a block by Lawrence, Tisha ("Pat-pat" according to Doc's notes. Sa'n ba nag-umpisa 'to?!) scored on an assist from Lawrence (nanaman! Exag), making it 8-6. Grabe na ito--from a point, to a block, to an assist! Ang pogi!
- Czar made a monster block at the Molokai endzone, and soon we were leading by three as Reymund assisted--guess who?--Lawrence!
- The last (or second to the last) point was a "long-ass point," according to my notes...Reymund made a block at the endzone, but we weren't able to convert. Molokai went on to score two more points.
Ultimate Warriors - 9
Molokai - 8
Gladys regaled us with a mala-Lola Basyang story (R-rated nga lang) about Patpong; Doc acted it out. Hahaha. "Ella, ella, ella..."
Game 2: Ultimate Warriors vs. Madness
It's Madness, I tell ya! These kids still had young, untainted lungs, so may kabilisan sila, ang walang exhaustion factor. Conditioning tayo! Hehe.
- Reymund scored the first point on an assist from Czar.
- Jane made a solid block at the Madness endzone! Go girls!!!
- The superstars then got to work as Lawrence scored on an assist from Reymund. (Ry, inggit ka na ba? Hehe.) Warriors up, 2-0.
- Ivy worked her defense! The chain of events led to Nana scoring a Callahan (tama ba ang usage ko? Hehe)! Yeba!!!
- Mundz proved that he had defensive power as well by blocking the disc with a kick! Sadly, we weren't able to convert, and we soon turned over the disc. Sayang! Nice D, though!
- The kids were soon able to catch up, 3-3. Beads of sweat started to form...partly from the heat, and a teensy bit coz of worry.
- ...But we needn't have worried as Lawrence scored on an assist from Czar, making it 4-3.
- On our next possession, Enteng Kabisote threw a bender, caught by Lawrence! (Lawrence, nagsasawa na ako kaka-type ng pangalan mo ha. Hehe.)
- Doc made a block, and the Warriors soon scored on a huck by Reymund to Roy. (Reymund, isa ka pa. Masyadong nagpapaka-MVP! Hehe.)
- I think this was the point I missed: Garry scored another one for the Warriors.
- Si Reymund, inagawan kami ng disc ni Ubai. Hehe. Pero oks lang, he proceeded to toss it to the endzone where Tisha was waiting. Score: 8-4.
- Garry scored, making it 9-4, on an assist from Mike.
- Madness scored before their star player went down--buti na lang cramps lang. Masyado kasing masipag!
- The Warriors had a series of blocks by Ubai, Dino, and Reymund. Good D, guys! Doc caught the disc at the endzone, but he was supposedly on the line, so he passed it to Dino to peg the final score.
Ultimate Warriors - 10
Madness - 5
As of day 2, Warriors' standing is 4-0! Woohoo! Go Warriors!
(Click on title to view photo album. I was tamad na to create an account so I am posing as "ultimate warriors." Hehe. - tish the dish)
Sunday, April 20, 2008
We had fans din yelling "Go honeeeeey!!! " in honor of Dondi and Sarah Cruz. (Woohoo! Mabuhay ang bagong kasal!!!)
Game 1: Ultimate Warriors vs. Kayumanggi
- Game time was at 9:00 am and half the team got there at...7:30 am! Yeeees! Coach Nana, are you proud of us? Minsan lang manyari 'yon! Haha.
- Kayumanggi is a new team--parang UW nung Monsoon. We were up by around 7 when they scored their first point (am I inventing?), and they super celebrated. Sounds family! Hehe.
- Mina had back-to-back points! Yeba! First assist was from Mundz and second assists was care of Gary Gnu Caracas. See pic below on their affirmation to Minabolz.
- We fielded an all-MC2 lineup, which made a quick point! Woohoo! The MC2 hounds were a real asset, giving much-needed BURSTS OF SPEED! and jumping ability to the Warriors.
- Mike had a good assist with someone, which led to have another score... who's that someone?? Nakalimutan na po eh... Hehhehe!
- AMP was at the top of his game! He was tearin' up the field both on offense--having some great passes (may point pa ata)--and defense--with super tight D and even a block, if I remember right. Nagpapa-impress ata sa chicks niya eh. Daddy! Daddy!
- Tisha scored 2-points. She started to wonder baket wala daw nagbuhat sa kanya... Hehehe!
- Gladys, in her Madame Bola finery, was an able handler. She even had her trademark "Dito! Dito! Aay! Huwag! Huwag! Huwag!" play. Hehe.
Ultimate Warriors, 13
Game 2: Ultimate Warriors vs. TODA 2
- In this game, we had to contend with all the teams' worst enemy that day: the wind! Hindi umuubra ang UW play na fast break and huck pag against the wind.:s (In fairness, kahit Sexual Chocolate nahirapang magbaba ng disc against the wind.)
- We had to play against JM, who decided she preferred to play with TODA. Huhuhuhu. Why, JM, why? How could you leave us? Joke lang.:) Nakakainis, takbo ka nang takbo! Hija, wag mo naman akong pagurin.
- Greg disproved his claim that he's the "pinakatamad sa team"--he had two consecutive dives: an awesome backroll and a stuntman's roll, to catch the disc! Greg, ikaw ba 'yan? Maigi ata sa 'yo 'yung walang tulog pag naglaro.
- The girls were killin' it--Cel had awesome D, Lei had a few good cuts to receive the disc, Jane had a terrific block, and Ena got an injured finger for her efforts. Ena, OK ka na? Awwww.
- Ian scored a point, and the crowd burst into song. Sing it with me now, "Enteng Kabisote..."
- Papa Derek was on our side! Hahaha. There was a contested point because no one knew if our player was out or in when he caught it--we were all too far to see. Derek walked by and said, "It was in. But it's up to him to decide," he said, referring to the TODA player. Said TODA player then ruled our dude was stepping on the line. So no count.
- The longest point for this game was our 8th point--the wind was so strong that the disc's path was utterly unpredictable. The Warriors tried to complete a play so many times, but each time, the wind foiled the team's attempt! It sucks that I can't remember who finally scored. Haha. Sino nga ba? Please come forward! In the middle of it, Gladys exclaimed, "Ang haba ng point na 'to ha!!!" Glads, sinulit ka lang namin, baka di ka na magpakita ulit eh.:)
- Tisha scored the 9th point. She dived!! Give her a woot-woot!!
- Last point was courtesy of Doc! Woohoo!
Ultimate Warriors, 10
Friday, April 18, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
(cut and paste! cut and paste!)
Venue: Alabang Country Club
April 20 - Sunday
April 27- Sunday
May 4 - Sunday
May 11 - Sunday
May 17 - Saturday
May 25 - Sunday
May 31 - Saturday(Championships)
Week 1: April 20 - Sunday
Ultimate Warriors vs Kayumanggi 9:00-10:10
Ultimate Warriors vs TODA2 11:40-12:50
Week 2: April 27 - Sunday
Ultimate Warriors vs Molokai 10:20-11:13
Ultimate Warriors vs Madness 1:00-2:10
Week 2: May 4 - Sunday
Ultimate Warriors vs Jogadores 1:00-2:10
Ultimate Warriors vs Xavier B 2:20-3:30
Friday, April 4, 2008
Millions of Saturdays went by and new faces arrived at the Urdaneta greens. The Saturday Ultimate Games became a ritual to the peeps. Some may not go but they make it a point not to forget and go back. The Saturday Urdaneta Games served as an avenue for fun and detoxification from corporate toxicities. Of course if we play hard, we party harder!
Of course, mawawala ba naman ang parties at inuman?? Siyempre hinde!! Palalagpasin ba yan ng mga peeps?? Ah talagang hinde!! Bwahahaha!!
Well, it's been 3 years since we began this journey. It's amazing how loyal and persistent we are (or some of us) in the game of Ultimate. Some us us have left the country, got married and went on with our respective lives. But we definitely know how we began.... and how to have fun.... in times of booze calls.